Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

C body Hawk Rockers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C body Hawk Rockers

Fitting up my new Rockers from CE to my 61 Hawk. They're not fitting up that well, seem to be OK at the front towards A pillar but to reduce the gap between the rocker & the base of the door, they need to tilt up above the inner rocker at the back, has anyone else had this problem, it's like they should be tapered to fit properly,

regards, Cus
    Last edited by Cus63; 06-30-2020, 04:21 PM.
    sigpic

What is CE? Coupe Express?
    sigpic

Comment

CE is classic Enterprises. Luck Doofus

Comment

Cus, give CE a call and see if they can check their stock. I had some issue with the trunk weatherstrip channels and they took care of it. I believe he has a 63 Hawk, but not sure that would help you. As they mentioned to me, they like the feedback as they can make adjustments if they know there is an issue. Good luck.

Comment

Cus, it sounds like you may have gotten ahold of their Gen I version. I heard several years ago they now include the correct bow in their rockers. Their original ones were straight, and there's nothing straight on a. Studebaker. They were very difficult to install, but do-able with determination and tenacity. I would not install another set of straight ones even if they were free.

Comment

Yeah, they are definitely straight , only problem is I've already paid the massive freight to Australia & the conversion rate, looks like I'll have to work with what I have unfortunately,

regards, Cus
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
              Cus, it sounds like you may have gotten ahold of their Gen I version. I heard several years ago they now include the correct bow in their rockers. Their original ones were straight, and there's nothing straight on a. Studebaker. They were very difficult to install, but do-able with determination and tenacity. I would not install another set of straight ones even if they were free.
              Joe, the rockers on my car need to bow upwards in the middle, is that what the modified ones look like?
              At the moment with the straight ones, they are tight each end with a gap in the middle between the door base & rocker exposing the where the rubber will be,

regards, Cus
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cus63 View Post

Joe, the rockers on my car need to bow upwards in the middle, is that what the modified ones look like?
                At the moment with the straight ones, they are tight each end with a gap in the middle between the door base & rocker exposing the where the rubber will be,

regards, Cus
                Yep, it is bowed from end to end, and I forget the direction of upward/downward curvature, if any. Suffice to say, they should look like a piece off a boat hull instead of off a box car. (Nothing straight on a boat or on a Studebaker).

Comment

I had the same problem with the ones I installed on my 61 . I ended up cutting a bunch of slits in it so I could bend them as needed, then welded the slits back up after it was in place on the car.
                  Wayne
                  "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Comment

Working...
                  X