Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel Balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch / Torque Converter: Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel Balance

Has anyone that has installed the Fidanza flywheel in their Stude had the flywheel and pressure plate balanced before hand or have you installed it as is out of the box?

Originally posted by 61Lark View Post
    Has anyone that has installed the Fidanza flywheel in their Stude had the flywheel and pressure plate balanced before hand or have you installed it as is out of the box?
    The Fidanza flywheel is usually dead nuts on. The problem is the pressure plate often is not as precise and unless the engine internals have been balanced, it's usually not.

Also, is it going in a bell housing which has been dial indicated? I had a problem come to me and the owner was blaming it on his new Fidanza flywheel. Turns out, he'd converted to a 4-speed without dial-indicating the bell housing or balancing the new one-piece driveshaft.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Comment

Thanks for the feedback on the flywheel.

I actually checked the automatic bell housing that was on the engine and two different manual bell housings. The two manual bell housings were actually closure to the tolerance than the bell housing that was in the car, but all three of them were out.

Comment

Working...
      X