Rear Suspension, shocks specifically, 1959 Lark 4 door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame / Springs: Rear Suspension, shocks specifically, 1959 Lark 4 door

Hey guys need a little help on my rear suspension. Both leaf springs are flatter than a piece of paper. I have some being made. My question is...………..i'd like to give the rear a little lift. Nothing major, a 1 or 2". Can you suggest how I can accomplish that? Also, I'm unable to find shock absorbers, any idea where i can get them or recommendations on type? Do I need to get some with a longer travel? Thanks!!

You COULD have ordered your Rear Springs with more stiffness, more leaves or just for a Station Wagon, and accomplished the higher ride height.

There has been LOTS of talk here about the Original Type Gabriel H.D. Shocks at available at Studebaker Vendors, the Koni and KYB Shocks.

Here is one:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....-2-interchange

And a better, more universal one:

https://studebaker-info.org/shocks.html
    Last edited by StudeRich; 06-09-2020, 11:39 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      You COULD have ordered your Rear Springs with more stiffness, more leaves or just for a Station Wagon, and accomplished the higher ride height.
      Now you tell me

Comment

Just went through the task of finding a modern replacement shock for my Hawks. This KYB (part number KG5197) is originally for early 2000 Jeep GC, but fits 51-62 Studes with only a tad of yankee ingenuity, and will also fit your Lark. They raised the rear ends of both my Hawks by about 1/2", and the ride is better than I can ever recall in both cars. They are also readily available for around $100 per pair off ebay: Rear Shock Interchange, 1951-56 And/Or 57-62

Comment

JoeHall Can I just put you on speed dial for all of my questions??? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X