Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Garage finally done..now 4 the Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage finally done..now 4 the Lark

Finally got the garage done so I had a place to work on the Stude. Go figure..buy a car for a decent price, then spend a ton to build a place to work on it in!! Anyhow here's some photos..I'm hoping to have it done in time for the Int'l in South Bend..see pics in next post...sorry I had to re post..

Lemme try this again!![img][/img]

Still working to restore my 62 Lark in South Bend, Indiana

Comment

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me. The garage looks great. I'd love a hoist but I had to stop spending![xx(]

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
      64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

I have to say I envy you! I would love to have a garage with a lift![8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

What's the distance between the roof of your Lark and the floor when it is on the lift? I need to see if I'd have enough clearance.
          Thanks
          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
          64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

Todd, from the drip rail to the floor is 10 foot 6 in. give or take an inch or two for the roofline. I have the truck adapter pegs on the lift now to make it a little higher, I'm 6 ft 2 in and can walk under the body no problem..Just watch out for the tires!! Ouch! My ceiling height is 12 ft 6in.. in the middle. I got the lift from Greg Smith Equipment in Indy. I love it! And at $1495, I figured get the lift or pay the money to my chiropractor! The posts are 9 ft 3in for low ceiling clearance..

Comment

Thanks Wes- I better do some measuring!
              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
              64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

Nice Garage! I wish...[]

I want one!!

Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I'm green with envy. I'd be happy if we just had enough garage space for the cars we have. I think you made a good investment!

Comment

Thanks guys!! I wish my wife liked the garage as much as I do!!

Comment

How are those posts anchored? Does the lift require special concrete work?

Lotsa Larks!
                      Ron Smith
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Ron, super long anchor bolts...The mfg says 4 inches of concrete is enough..I had the floor poured new, so I dug out the spots for the posts to about 8 inches..I let the floor cure a month and then drilled it out for the anchors. I have had my chevy ext cab up there as well as my dad's f350 ex cab..I love this thing!!

Comment

Working...
                        X