Studebaker Avanti R1 and Gt Hawk original fuel filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Studebaker Avanti R1 and Gt Hawk original fuel filter

A question for 1963 -1964 Avanti and GT Hawk owners. For you that are keeping their Studebakers originality, what fuel bowl filter make and part number are you using? I have attached a photo that I found on the net that shows what my factory fuel filter setup looks like. My Avanti is an R1 and not an R2 like the picture.
    Attached Files
    1963 Studebaker GT Hawk R1 63V-33867
    1964 Studebaker Avanti R1 R-5364
    1970 Avanti II RQA-0385
    1981 Avanti II RQB-3304

I believe I used the AC filter that was used on '63 - '65 409 Chev. Impalas. There were 2 types one with and one without the return line. I was lucky and got an original a number of years ago, but they are about $200 now. However, repops are available for about $70. Be forewarned that the gasket material in the repops is supposedly not up to alcohol fuels and you will need to replace it.

Here is a link for the new ones: https://show-cars.com/product/3184
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
      I believe I used the AC filter that was used on '63 - '65 409 Chev. Impalas. There were 2 types one with and one without the return line. I was lucky and got an original a number of years ago, but they are about $200 now. However, repops are available for about $70. Be forewarned that the gasket material in the repops is supposedly not up to alcohol fuels and you will need to replace it. Here is a link for the new ones: https://show-cars.com/product/3184
      I assume you are talking about Fuel Filter Assemblies, I sure would not THINK an Element would cost that!
      I believe that is all the OP needs.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yes, the body, not the filter element. The elements are readily available.
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by 1inxs View Post
          a question for 1963 -1964 avanti and gt hawk owners. For you that are keeping their studebakers originality, what fuel bowl filter make and part number are you using? I have attached a photo that i found on the net that shows what my factory fuel filter setup looks like. My avanti is an r1 and not an r2 like the picture.
          ac...gf149

Comment

I believe the fuel filter element is the same for both R1 and R2 and are readily available from most auto parts stores.
            Dan White
            64 R1 GT
            64 R2 GT
            58 C Cab
            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Originally posted by Dan White View Post
              I believe the fuel filter element is the same for both R1 and R2 and are readily available from most auto parts stores.
              Dan GF-149 is only for the late(64) Avanti with glass bowl, early Avantis take a completely different filter element.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1962-65-GF1...sAAOSwmENd5~3~

Comment

So do you think the GF-124 is right for the In-Line Filter/Pressure Return Type on Early '63 Avantis?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-A....c100008.m2219

It Does look correct for inside of the Standard V8 Carter Pumps used on '63-'64 Lark Types with the Tin Bowl Filter Can.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OEM Carter2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	69.3 KB ID:	1838246
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                  X