Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Power Steering Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Power Steering Part

I have a 1961 with an Eaton power steering pump. When I dismantled the pump I found one of the pump carrier rollers had broke the end off. I know this is a shot in the dark, but I was wondering if anyone would have one. The length with a vernier would have to be .892 to .897. I have tried all the usual parts vender and have come up empty. The problem is they are hardened steel, otherwise I could make one. Thanks.

It should not be hard to locate someone who has an extra rebuildable replacement '58 to '64 P/S Pump.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

How about a T-bird pump? I know you can use the tanks from them to have a dip stick to check the oil. Don't know about the pump parts tho. -Jim

Comment

I believe that Ford and Mercury Eaton Pumps up to at least 1962 will work, the Rebuilds I used to buy for Studes. even came in Ford Dark Blue!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I have extra pumps. Let me know if you want one.
          78 Avanti RQB 2792
          64 Avanti R1 R5408
          63 Avanti R1 R4551
          63 Avanti R1 R2281
          62 GT Hawk V15949
          56 GH 6032504
          56 GH 6032588
          55 Speedster 7160047
          55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

Working...
          X