Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

62v-j6 utility sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 62v-j6 utility sedan

Does anyone have any info on the 62v j-6 utility sedan, 1962 ? Any info on how many units were sold and any pictures of this option, Also does it have working rear side windows. ?

Originally posted by Bob Beckert View Post
    Does anyone have any info on the 62v j-6 utility sedan, 1962 ? Any info on how many units were sold and any pictures of this option, Also does it have working rear side windows. ?
    A 62V J6 is a Regal hardtop. Are you sure about the nomenclature or am I missing something?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You are correct that is for a Regal hardtop. The correct body is listed as a 62v-f4 The fact book shows the utility sdn. as a option on the deluxe 2 dr. sdn. utility sdn with no back seat replaced with a plywood flat floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Beckert View Post
        You are correct that is for a Regal hardtop. The correct body is listed as a 62v-f4 The fact book shows the utility sdn. as a option on the deluxe 2 dr. sdn. utility sdn with no back seat replaced with a plywood flat floor.
        That makes more sense. It is surprising that it is a V8 and not a six. There were 19,196 two door sedans for 1962, in total. I think that one would have to go through the production orders to find out how many of a particular option group was made.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I believe the U.S. Postal Service bought some "Utility Sedans", some were "Rural Routers" with right hand drive.
          But this COULD have been one of theirs. I have seen Wagons built that way for them with no Back Seat as well.

To answer your question, if you have an F4, just look for window cranks, otherwise it doesn't matter either way.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

We mentioned a few Utility Sedans here as well: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....business-coupe

Craig

Comment

Working...
            X