Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Through the frame brake line fittings for 62 Champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Through the frame brake line fittings for 62 Champ

I have a Turner dual master cylinder conversion in my 62 Champ. I would like to use two through the frame brake line fittings to direct the lines from the outside of the frame to the inside. Has anyone out there done this? Do you recommend any particular parts and/or supplier?

Google "bulkhead brake line fittings" and you'll find any number of sources including Amazon. Summit Racing has a good selection and one of my favorite go-to places. I would suspect that you could also find Canadian sources using the same technique.

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob. I did find several Canadian suppliers. This will probably sound like a stupid question to you but I had never heard of these things until last night, can the frame itself be the bulkhead? The ones I found come with a little bracket which I think must be the bulkhead.

Comment

Not an expert here but what I do know is the through frame type are usually long enough to pass through a drilled hole in the frame and thread down so there is a fitting on each side of the frame to accept a brake line. They just act as a way to get brake fluid from one side to another.

Bulkhead connectors are usually made to go through a few layers of sheet metal or anything thinner than a frame and provide a fitting on each side of the bulkhead.

Just pick the one that fits your needs.

Good luck, Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob. I'm going online now to try to find one.

Dennis

Comment

This is proving to be far more elusive than I anticipated. I can find ones that are - 3N at one end but not ones that are regular 3/16" flared brake line at both ends.

Comment

From Pure Choice Motorsports in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. They have a Canadian vendor in Milton, ON.

Comment

Pure Choice Motorsports
                Pure Choice Motorsports - The Performance Plumbing Connection

Comment

Installed. Click image for larger version

Name:	brake lines 1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	1841016Click image for larger version

Name:	brake lines 2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1841019
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice Job, I hope you are not using that rusty Drum Brake Dual Master for a Turner Disc Brake Kit.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                    X