Gold paint for valve covers 1955

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Gold paint for valve covers 1955

The gold paint that is on my valve covers is very close to the Bearcat decals it wears. It is what I was would call champagne gold. I believe that it is original. I have seen varying golds on other 55's. I am looking to repaint mine. Are there any pictures of absolute original examples out there?

Also, the only examples I have seen with gold covers are Passmaster. Only photos of the Bearcat V8 , that I have found , wear black paint on the valve covers.

Comment

You must have missed this, just 6 Days ago:

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....r-filter-color

See Post #4
      You know Silver does turn a bit Goldish after years of Heating cycles, and age.

Here is the President Passmaster Gold to compare to your Commander:

Click image for larger version  Name:	55 Comm HT4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.7 KB ID:	1833951
      Here is a good Pic of the Engine Block Color:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Nice 55 Engine.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.5 KB ID:	1833952
      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-04-2020, 08:00 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I think that I will keep the gold color and use new Bearcat decals. I just like the name better. Something about the Passmaster name reminds me of being gassy. The lighter gold looks better to me than the very bold old gold color. The Possum Smasher has a mixture of styling and will keep it's gold valve covers. It looks good with pointy chrome acorn nuts!
        Last edited by Son O Lark; 05-04-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X