Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leyrret
    replied
    I know I have an extra one of those somewhere, maybe two?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    Tom's picture looks identical to this one I put in my '53 that I found in a '54 Commander hardtop:

Duane, you were only inches from this part last summer at the Zone meet!

It was a good thing I went out to the garage to get this photo since the heat was off in there I've a old oil furnace in the garage and keep it about 45F. It was fine yesterday when I pulled my snowblower in to warm it up for starting (-17F out) so I could clear the drive from sunday's blizzard to get to work but it was out this evening and near freezing. I got it going but I am not sure its working properly and could quit again. The oil pump and ignitor was off and had to be reset. Setup a pair of electric space heaters to take care of it until I get a chance to investigate... Seems like the thermo switch that controls the blower may not be working correctly tho.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• tbredehoft
    replied
    I've not found the number for this piece, whether it's an accessory or standard part. this is the heat diverter from my '55 President State Sedan, It is similar but different from the one in my '53 coupe.

The 'wing' goes forward, the body is rolled down on the passenger's side. It could be easily fabricated from sheet steel.

[Edit] if there is interest I will supply a 'mechanical drawing' of this so you could have it made in a shop.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 564 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Mute
    replied
    How about a photo of this deflector plate (part number was 535771 which superceded to 537460)?
    I am just putting my '53 coupe back together and now would be a good time for me to make and install a deflector plate.

duane miller

Leave a comment:

• wmsteve
    replied
    Way to go Dwain!!! This is the kind of info. I've been lookin' for on this Tech. Site!! Thanks for the S.B. correction. Good information about Stude History!

Are you a Dealer? If so, please send me one; free-of-charge(SN:G926913)to:**** Can't I also, be warm(on the drivers' side) this Christmas?

Merry Christmas to you and yours'!

Thanks,

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    One of the articles in Service Buleetin #286 (March '54) is 'How to Get Maximum Climatizer Heat'. The last of 8 items to check is the deflector. If a customer wanted more heat to the driver's side, the factory would send a deflector to the dealership free of charge if they provided a car serial number. Original part number was 535771 which superceded to 537460.

[img][img]
    Dwain G.

Leave a comment:

• wmsteve
    replied
    For what it's worth: My Stude/Packard Body Parts Catalog ('53-'57 Stude & '57 Packard, May 1957) shows part #AC1-68 (537460)Deflector, heater core air, fits all cars EXCEPT 14G & 4H (1953 Champion/Commander). But it is listed as an accessorie, after all...

My '53 Champ doesn't have one but, it sounds like they work very well!

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    My '51 has one but none in my '53.

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    My '50 has one.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Leave a comment:

• tbredehoft
    replied
    My 53 has one, it's doing its job nicely. body No. 4H C5 1013.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
    Tom Bredehoft
    '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
    '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
    (Under Construction 564 hrs.)
    '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
    All Indiana built cars

Leave a comment:

• curt
    replied
    I love the warm seat the on my '55 in the winter. two years ago I drove it to the meet in Waxahatichie (sp) , Texas in Feb. Came home in freezing weather . Several hours of very pleasant heat from the heater. The heat is just present, no fan blowing hot air at my face, and body. We had a 1954 Buick, and a 1950 Chevrolet with the under seat heater, back in the 50's. I was a kid then, those were the days.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied
    If you mean the deflector that goes on top of the heater core on the inside of the car to help blow air over to the driver side...

My '53 did not have one either. I put one on that I found in a '54 Commander hardtop. Its different in design tho than one I got with the core from a GT, so there must have been running changes.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Leave a comment:

• goodkarmech
    replied
    Don't know, but thought I'd say my 53 doesn't have one either.

Al Reed
    North Bay Area, CA

Leave a comment:

• Flashback
    started a topic 53 heater diverter on cars

53 heater diverter on cars

Neither of the 53's I have seem to have came
    with the sheet metal diverter on the under
    seat heater. My 55 did. When did they start
    using them?

Tex E. Grier
Working...