X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
    Jerry ForresterJoeHall Just a reminder.... when you want to get someone’s attention, you can type the “@“ sign in front of their Forum handle and they’ll get a ping. It’s a lot better than naming a thread after someone
    Well la d dah and whoop d doo.

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Jerry ForresterJoeHall Just a reminder.... when you want to get someone’s attention, you can type the “@“ sign in front of their Forum handle and they’ll get a ping. It’s a lot better than naming a thread after someone

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    Joe, that 40313 puts out 12 to 15 psi. Have you ever checked the pressure at the carb? I'll also be running a return line from near the carb. back to the tank.
    What size return line are you running?
    I'm using a Quadrajet carb. which has a 3/8" inverted flare inlet and my tank also has a 3/8" inverted flare outlet. I haven't run the fuel line yet, but it'll be 3/8" all the way with the exception of the fuel pumps.
    The fuel filter I have also has the 3/8" inverted flare inlet and outlets with a 1/4" slip on return fitting.
    I know 3/8" is overkill for a 259ci engine but I'm an old dirt tracker and old habits are hard to break.

Also, I find it funny that with all the pressure and volumn these Facet pumps put out, they still use 1/8" IPT inlet and outlet fittings.
    The 313 Facet is what's on the 56J, with the same filter as you up near the carb, and a .030" restrictor in the 1/4" return line. I installed a 1/8" pipe threaded 'L' fitting on the fuel filler neck, about 4" to 6" below the cap. I can use a flashlight to observe the return flow in the filler neck, which is a small stream that does not quite make it to the far wall of the filler pipe. If you use one of the lesser output Facets, must use a much smaller restriction in the fuel return but, believe me, the 313 output is about perfect when used with .030" return line. I do not use a FP regulator with the WCFB, nor with the Demon or Edelbrock carbs before it.

With the WCFB I now have 3 in-line filters instead of 2: one just before the pump inlet, the one near the carb with return line spigot, and now the OEM glass filter with stone element mounted on the WCFB.
    Good Luck,
    Joe H

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Joe, that 40313 puts out 12 to 15 psi. Have you ever checked the pressure at the carb? I'll also be running a return line from near the carb. back to the tank.
    What size return line are you running?
    I'm using a Quadrajet carb. which has a 3/8" inverted flare inlet and my tank also has a 3/8" inverted flare outlet. I haven't run the fuel line yet, but it'll be 3/8" all the way with the exception of the fuel pumps.
    The fuel filter I have also has the 3/8" inverted flare inlet and outlets with a 1/4" slip on return fitting.
    I know 3/8" is overkill for a 259ci engine but I'm an old dirt tracker and old habits are hard to break.

Also, I find it funny that with all the pressure and volumn these Facet pumps put out, they still use 1/8" IPT inlet and outlet fittings.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    replied
    Thanks Joe. I'll look into them.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Hi Jerry,'
    I prefer cube type pumps, and have ran them since the late 1980s, always up front on the gravel shield. I have used part #40106, 40185 and 40313. I have never used a FP regulator with them, but used the strongest one (40313) in conjunction with a fuel return line. There are lotsa counterfeits out there, but a trusted source is Pegasus Racing Supplies. Here is a link to them: group.asp

Leave a comment:

• Jerry Forrester
    started a topic Fuel System: Joe Hall - fuel pump question

Joe Hall - fuel pump question

A question for Joe Hall.
    You said on 60studehawk's thread......

QUOTE=JoeHall;n1833037]I always locate them up front on the gravel shield, in front of the radiator and beside the hood mount on Hawks. I use the FACET type that siphons as well as pushes fuel. Never a problem with fuel delivery even for a 352, and the pump stays cooler up front in the air flow. I mount them on rubber stanchions, in order to minimize vibration noise. [/QUOTE]

Joe, could you share with us which Facet pump you use and do you run it in series with the manual pump?
    On Buttercup, I'm planning on running an electric pump with no manual. Since I have had a couple bad experiences with electric pumps I am thinking of installing two in series. I already have the 3 position switch (on-off-on) installed and wired with the wires going the frame rail just in front of the driver's side spring hanger.
Working...
X