Cat Whiskers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Cat Whiskers

I have new whispers and new glass panels for my 56 2dr Sedan. The inside trim panels on rear had the whispers stapled. Any suggestion to re-secure new pieces?

What did they Whisper to you?

Seriously though, don't the Cat Whiskers fasten to the Metal Quarter Panel and Inside Window Frame?
    Not the Fabric Headliner or fabric covered Interior Trim Panel.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Cat whiskers aka anti-rattlers aka belt weatherstrips.

Comment

Been down this road! secure some new staples, carefully drill them to match holes in panels,slice "Fuzz" between these holes. now push a staple through the holes and pull and roll over staple legs with good needle nose. as you do this be sure to pull the staples hard into the Cat Whisker Fuzz all the way to the metal backing. the rubberized fuzz normally will close over the staples. Luck Doofus

Comment

I glued mine on with E6000 glue. That stuff is absolutely amazing. It's been a couple years ago and they are just as secure as the day I put them on.
          1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

I used 1/8 aluminum pop rivets and painted the part that shows with a Q tip and flat black paint. Replacement clips are available but hard to use.
            Bob
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I think the easiest will be what Kurt suggested. I may try to find some E6000 glue

Comment

Last week I installed some whiskers on the inside panels of a Lark using 3m double stick tape. Works really good, and is not messy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3M-03609-molding-tape.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1833226
                Cheers,
                JOE

--------------------------------------------------

"After all is said and done, a hell of a lot more is said than done"
                Clark Olmstead

Comment

Originally posted by 57studechampion View Post
                  Thanks to all for the suggestions. I think the easiest will be what Kurt suggested. I may try to find some E6000 glue
                  You can get it a good hardware store. It dries clear and if you are careful you will be fine.

I have used it many times. On my Champ it had Lark doors. So it didn't have the holes for the Champ emblems. No worries glue them on. Last winter I repainted the truck and had a he'll of a time getting them off again.

Long story short, this stuff works really good
                  1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Working...
                  X