Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wuga
    replied
    I had a blue interior which I just redyed with SEM Palomino Vinyl Coat. It worked great. I bought a new dash pad from SI and sent them a can of the interior color I was using and they sprayed because that is included in the purchase and I didn't want to deal with the folds. They told me they have all the Studebaker colors so you might ask them for the color number. Be sure to get the vinyl cleaner and vinyl prep if you want it to come out right. The prep softens the fabric so it absorbs the dye but the surface must be absolutely clean. Talk to Leanne at SI. She was incredibly co-operative for the whole procedure.

Warren

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    I have, in the past, gone to a good shoe repair place that sells spray cans of shoe dye in a zillion colors
    (think bridesmaid dresses with matching shoes)
    Flex agent already in it and it is real scuff resistant.
    Now I would never have thought about that, good hint Jeff!

These days, we might need to drive a bit to get to a shoe repair place though, another example of a business that has almost totally gone by the wayside in our 'throw it away and buy a new one' society. Me, I like repairing old stuff (uh-oh, my CASO and my 'grumpy old man' is showing ).

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I have, in the past, gone to a good shoe repair place that sells spray cans of shoe dye in a zillion colors
    (think bridesmaid dresses with matching shoes)
    Flex agent already in it and it is real scuff resistant.

Leave a comment:

• Colgate Studebaker
    replied
    Another vote for the SEM products. I also used a touch up gun to spray it. Bill

Leave a comment:

• jts359
    replied
    Sem works great. My local jobber mixed it for me . We used it over 30 years ago on our Daytona , I sprayed with a touch up gun , Still looks great , Ed

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    You can also go to a local auto paint supplier...they can computer match the color and mix it with a flex agent in an aerosol can.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied

Vinyl Dye and Cleaner/Prep is made by SEM with very good reviews:

https://www.semproducts.com/product/vinyl-coattm/M25033

This Ultra Blue M25033 looks pretty close.

And also VHT:
    https://www.vhtpaint.com/specialty/vht-vinyl-dye
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-16-2020, 09:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 6hk71400
    started a topic Interior: Dash Pad Dye

Dash Pad Dye

My 1962 Lark Deluxe 4 door has a padded dash that someone along the line tried to recover it but it looks bad. I was given a great dash pad free without cracks but it is black not blue. Does anyone know first of all what I should use clean and prep this dash? Second what type of blue spray dye is available and as close as possible to the original blue.

Thanks

Bob Miles
Working...
X