X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• migral23
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    Why would you not start with Studebaker specific vendors to begin with?
    Resort to Rock Auto or NAPA if you must; but THEY have no vested interest in keeping our Studebakers operable.
    And I do hope you have joined the Studebaker Drivers Club, without which NONE of us would be here.
    Literally while I was typing the question I realized "try S I", but continued with the question anyway since I'd hoped it would generate other ideas beyond "go to XYZ and get one". RockAuto and NAPA were just sources my regular repair guy spoke of. I mentioned them in case the Studebaker item was one of those "only two or three people made ALL those things, so look for an XYZ brand, part # xxxx" situation.
    And yes, I joined SDC (as a life member) in 1976. In addition, both this forum (and you in particular) and the Studebaker Truck Talk site have been very helpful over time.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by migral23 View Post
    I'm having no success locating a new turn signal switch for this Lark of mine.
    Why would you not start with Studebaker specific vendors to begin with?
    Resort to Rock Auto or NAPA if you must; but THEY have no vested interest in keeping our Studebakers operable.
    And I do hope you have joined the Studebaker Drivers Club, without which NONE of us would be here.

Leave a comment:

• dpson
    replied
    I have NOS Studebaker turn signal switches in stock for your 61.

Send me a PM for details.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SignalSwitch1.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1830484

Click image for larger version

Name:	SignalSwitch2.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1830485

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    You might be able to repair this in-the -car. First make sure there is power into (already verified) and out of the switch.
    The symptom indicates that the red wire from the brake light switch may have come unsoldered from its terminal on the turn signal switch. You would need to remove steering wheel, loosen T/S switch and turn it over to inspect.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Since the Turn Signal Switch and Wire Assy. is NLA New, it will take a Used one to fix this.
    There are not and never have been ANY Aftermarket Switches as you are searching for, they were Studebaker Dealer only Parts, not aftermarket.

Leave a comment:

• 1961 Lark VIII convrt brake lights / turn signal switch issues

Greetings, readers.
    I'm having no success locating a new turn signal switch for this Lark of mine. Rock Auto has a decent listing of Stude electrical parts, but not this particular part. NAPA is less help; only things I can find there are by Echlin part numbers, which aren't helping. Will any of you kind, knowledgeable readers shed light on where I can get one, and what part number/brand I should be asking for? Or is it better to head to Stude International and ask there?
    My Lark has lost its brake lights functionality, and the fellow who was tracing its issues for me (e
    lectrical functionality is way beyond me, sadly, so I needed professional help)
    says the most likely culprit is the turn signal switch
    (based on a wiring diagram I got from a Studebaker vendor, and his own wire tracings)
    The tail lights work fine. The turn signals (front and rear) flash correctly, albeit slowly. The brake light switch gets power as (he says) it should.
    Thanks for any and all suggestions.
Working...
X