Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeRich
    replied
    One possibility with a Flanged Axle as you should have, is that there are issues with the Wheel Bearing and or the "Adjuster Ring" on it that requires proper adjustment per the Shop Manual.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 04-13-2020, 12:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by fpd View Post
    Thank you - I adjust the brakes until the drum won't turn by hand, then back off until I have minor drag with the wheel attached.
    Sounds good. I guess that it is something else.

Leave a comment:

• fpd
    replied
    Thank you - I adjust the brakes until the drum won't turn by hand, then back off until I have minor drag with the wheel attached.

Leave a comment:

• abkco
    replied
    I agree with Gary. It sounds like a clearance problem. I have a 65 Cruiser one County away in Napa. Couldn't be happier with it. Incredibly reliable.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Are the brake shoes adjusted for the proper clearance?

Leave a comment:

• fpd
    started a topic Brakes: 1966 6 cyl. auto Cruiser Concern

1966 6 cyl. auto Cruiser Concern

After driving the car 30 miles, I found that on moderate braking the rear end / rear brakes were making a new sound. The brakes are all drum, with new shoes and springs. On deceleration, it made a low 'thrum' sound with brakes applied, as if there were a 'flat' spot on the tire tread. Tires are in fine shape, no flat spots or uneven wear. I have checked the brakes, and no obvious issues observed. Very minor differential leak out the right axle seal, 90 wt gear oil is where it ought to be. I use the car to get to work two to three days a week. Yes, with shelter in place, my work is considered essential, as is my wifes employment. We are both blessed. I do need to be able to use the Cruiser when my Wife's work is on a different schedule. And I don't want to drive if I am going to create a road problem. Any experience with this on the 64-66 4 door sedans? I do love my 230 Cruiser. much fun to drive, and folks just haven't seen one in my county. Thanks in advance, Fred
Working...
X