Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chet445
    replied
    The shoes could be realigned with the axle and all will be normal. No need to take anything apart just tap both shoes down a bit.

Leave a comment:

• creegster
    replied
    Ah, so they need to slide down in order to be in the right place? Ill try that.

Leave a comment:

• oilnsteel
    replied
    Your shoes don't appear to be concentric with the axle. Try slipping the drum on, then sliding it off and see if things look better.

Leave a comment:

• creegster
    started a topic Brakes: 59 Lark: Rear brakes dont look right.

59 Lark: Rear brakes dont look right.

Hi everyone-
    Im replacing my rear wheel cylinders, and during the process of getting everything put back together, I noticed that the push rods dont look to be sitting correctly. The pushrods appear to be angled up instead of going straight across.
    I didnt replace the shoes, and was planning on just putting the old ones back in, since they dont look bad. But Im wondering if I have the wrong shoes, which is what is causing the pushrods to mis-algin.

Below are photos of how it looks now that I have put it back together. I also took photos before I took it apart, and it looks like they were angled up like that before. Which leads me to believe that I didnt mis-align something during my rebuild.

Anyone have any recommendations? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Craig

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_163534.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	1829693
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200411_163604.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	1829694