DG-200 & Dana 44 (disc brakes) FOR SALE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DG-200 & Dana 44 (disc brakes) FOR SALE

These were originally in a 1954 Hudson Hollywood. DG-200 has been rebuilt and is very strong; it was rebuilt by Coleman-Taylor Transmission HERE in MEMPHIS, TN, for about $3K and has only about 100-125 miles on it.

The Dana 44 differential/rearend w/actual 47K miles has brand new disc brakes attached, and is a non-posi.

I can email photos of the DG-200 and the rear end w/disc brakes as soon as it is removed, and they start on the differential work next week.

The Hudson is getting a transplant of a 6.0L GM motor and a Ford 9" differential.

If you go to this URL, you can see the car (click on the Hudson):

Please contact John Williams (901) 753-1130 if you wish to purchase either of these excellent antique car parts. If not sold by the end of 2008, I shall list them on ebay Motors Auction.

THANKS

Looks like a really nice ride !

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

Comment

Prices and location? And is the rear Twin-Traction?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Does anybody know if either the trans or the rear end fits a Stude?

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Me too- I was going on the assumption that since they were posted here, they would fit a Stude.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Me too- I was going on the assumption that since they were posted here, they would fit a Stude.

I would think it unlikely that the trans bolt pattern and pilot shaft would be the same as a Stude. Possible, but unlikely.

I'll also bet the rear end width and spring perch locations are different from a Stude...but I could be wrong.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

[IMG][/IMG]

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

John, I saw that you modified your post, but you still left out the three most important pieces of information...

1) Will these parts fit a Studebaker?

2) How much for each?

3) What state are these parts located?

No offense, but without that information, this is a wasted thread. If these are Hudson parts, I'd guess they won't fit a Studebaker without modification.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

As Hudson rear track width is narrower than the front, I believe axle flange width is 56 11/16, not sure how close to a Stude rearend width. Bolt pattern is the same 4 1/2". Lou Cote [8D]

Comment

Working...
                X