Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63 avanti water manifold housing casting number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studepickups
    replied
    If there is someone who has an R2 water manifold and the supercharger and alternator brackets please write me at studepickups at optonline dot net.
    thank you Ted Jensen

Leave a comment:

• SScopelli
    replied
    Avanti Water manifold

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6786.JPG Views:	0 Size:	107.0 KB ID:	1828986

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6787.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.7 KB ID:	1828985

Lark water manifold
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6784.jpg Views:	0 Size:	117.9 KB ID:	1828987
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6785.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.9 KB ID:	1828983

AFB Intake no transfer slot "1"

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6789.JPG Views:	0 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	1828982

AFB Intake with transfer slot "2"
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6788.JPG Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	1828989

WCFB for comparison
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-6790.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.0 KB ID:	1828984
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    FWIW, the casting number for all Stude 289 long nose cranks is 1556444.

Leave a comment:

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    The only differences between R1 and R2, other than the S/C things, are heads and the intake manifold. The intake manifold is the same as other AFB Stude V8s.

The block is the same for all full flow Studes (259 & 289). The crankshaft is the same for all full flow 289 Studes.

Leave a comment:

• hunter stanley
    replied
    Ok thank you
    I’m gonna be looking at some r2 parts
    supposedly a block crank heads intake and manifold from a 63 r2 avanti in a week. Possibly gonna try and purchase.

Leave a comment:

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    As near as I can make out, the casting number for the water manifold is 1555738.
    The casting number for the R1 intake manifold is 1557144.

I suspect that non R1 intake manifolds have the same casting number as the only difference is the lack of transfer slots.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The Thermostat Housing Mount Location is moved WAY off center to the Left on Avanti Water Manifolds.

Leave a comment:

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    If this is the engine you are/were planning on putting your Hawk, you do not want the Avanti water manifold. The Hawk/Lark manifold would be the better choice.

You can easily tell a R1 intake manifold as it does not have the transfer slots whereas Hawk/Lark and R2 manifolds do.

I will look in the morning for the casting numbers.

Leave a comment:

• 63 avanti water manifold housing casting number?

Does anyone know the casting number for a 63 avanti water pump housing? Also the proper intake casting number?

thanks in advance
Working...
X