Clear All

• Neal in NM
    replied
    8952, 8968, 8991, these are finned

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    Originally posted by Neal in NM View Post
    #3520, 3534, 8172, 8173, 8834, 8835, 8862, 8952, 8968, 8984, 8991, 35013, 35016, 35038, 80002, 80031, 80036.

some of these are finned. I don’t have time right now to separate them out. Happy hunting!! Neal
    Thank you Neal for taking the time to assist another car guy. Unfortunately we don't see much of this level of car guy to car guy assistance in today's society. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Neal in NM
    replied
    #3520, 3534, 8172, 8173, 8834, 8835, 8862, 8952, 8968, 8984, 8991, 35013, 35016, 35038, 80002, 80031, 80036.

some of these are finned. I don’t have time right now to separate them out. Happy hunting!! Neal

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    Originally posted by Neal in NM View Post
    I have a reference book which shows brake drums by ID and bolt pattern. I could give you some part numbers and you could go to your local FLAPS, have them pull the drums and measure the hub ID as well as the thickness. I used this reference when I converted my M16 to front disk brakes.
    That would be excellent and very much appreciated. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
    Changing the theme of the thread slightly - but related, are the Lark 6 cylinder rear drums still around? I have heard for a few years that they are NLA items. Would be interested to know as I am sure I will have to eventually replace mine.
    I've been told no aftermarket 9" x 2" drums are being produced hence my dilemma

Leave a comment:

• Neal in NM
    replied
    I have a reference book which shows brake drums by ID and bolt pattern. I could give you some part numbers and you could go to your local FLAPS, have them pull the drums and measure the hub ID as well as the thickness. I used this reference when I converted my M16 to front disk brakes.

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    Originally posted by Bills R2 View Post
    Stay far away from Scoutparts.com.
    You want to be on the Planet!

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php
    Thanks for the tip

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Changing the theme of the thread slightly - but related, are the Lark 6 cylinder rear drums still around? I have heard for a few years that they are NLA items. Would be interested to know as I am sure I will have to eventually replace mine.

Leave a comment:

• Bills R2
    replied
    Stay far away from Scoutparts.com.
    You want to be on the Planet!

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    BTW, I hope members of this Forum don't think I'm a IH Scout guy. The straight axle is going into another '41 Stude Coupe Gasser build I'm doing. I own (2) 3G-Q's and an M15A-20 so don't fret.......

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
    You would probably be better served by going to a Scout parts vendor such as...............https://scoutparts.com/2017_Scoutpar...Catalog/p14072
    Thanks Dwain............Been there done that.......the Scout Sites/Forums think the only Scout ever made was a 4x4. So hoping a Lark VI rear drum will work.

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Those have HUGE Center holes in them larger than Stude. are they for a Flanged Axle?

Maybe you could hog out the Stude. Center Hole, the Stude. drums were Stud centered.

The 1954 to early 1965 Stude. Sixes have 9 Inch rear Drums for Tapered Axles, the Late '65 to '66 are for Flanged Axles, center holes got larger.

It is hard for Stude. owners to show you a DRUM only, as most of our's are Hub Drum Assy's.
    Thanks for your response. The drum mates to a hub and then mounts to a spindle using common TIMKEN bearings/races. I'm a Machinist by trade so I like your idea of enlarging the hub hole if required. As stated my hub hole diameter is 2.813. Do you know what the Lark hole measures?

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    You would probably be better served by going to a Scout parts vendor such as...............https://scoutparts.com/2017_Scoutpar...Catalog/p14072

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Those have HUGE Center holes in them larger than Stude. are they for a Flanged Axle?

Maybe you could hog out the Stude. Center Hole, the Stude. drums were Stud centered.

The 1954 to early 1965 Stude. Sixes have 9 Inch rear Drums for Tapered Axles, the Late '65 to '66 are for Flanged Axles, center holes got larger.

It is hard for Stude. owners to show you a DRUM only, as most of our's are Hub Drum Assy's.

Leave a comment:

• willys54
    started a topic '63-'66 Lark VI Rear Drum Specs

'63-'66 Lark VI Rear Drum Specs

For months I've been trying to find a functional equivalant drum to replace some Kelsey-Hayes (Canada) drums off a straight axle removed from a '66-'68 IH Scout RWD Postal Vehicle. I recenlty learned that '63-'66 Lark VI had 9" x 2" rear drums with 5 on 4.5 lug pattern which is what I need......BUT......there are other dimensional aspects which must be considered as well so I'm soliciting SDC assistance.

For clarity I've included some pics of the drums I'm trying to replace.
    > As mentioned they are 9"x 2" with 5 on 4.5 LP
    > Non Hubcentric - Lug hole dia is .625 to accept portion of knurled stud protruding from hub mating surface
    > Hub hole dia = 2.813
    > Face to face overall thickness = 2.875
    > Wheel mounting surface is located at max thickness - Not raised or indented
    > Grooved to accept backing plate lip

If anyone has a 9" Lark drum laying around I would appreciate a few measurements and perhaps some pics.
    Thank you
Working...
X