No announcement yet.

hood and grille alignment 53 Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey 53champcoupe post us some pictures of your car when you can and want to.

Comment

Thanks Flashback for your interest. Note this is a 40 foot show carClick image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2904.JPG Views:	0 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	1829913Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2898.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.1 KB ID:	1829914Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2901.JPG Views:	0 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	1829915
      that has never been washed and is in a working shop (my wife does metal sculpture and there is lots of welding and grinding going on daily In the last picture if you look to the upper right you can make out a banjo steering wheel. It came off of a 36 Studebaker, my father in law gave it too me Out of four cars the "best" trunk lid I had was this 61 Hawk that needed lots of work on the lower surface. I may try to take the original trunk (with the hinge pockets totally missing) and combine a crappy Hawk's spring pockets as well as repair lots of rust on the lower portion.
      Last edited by 1953champcoupe; 04-13-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

53champcoupe - I like your car. One thing bothers me. I do not see a Serial Number plate. Is it missing or was it simply painted over?
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          53champcoupe - I like your car. One thing bothers me. I do not see a Serial Number plate. Is it missing or was it simply painted over?
          I forgot to tape the SN plate off Just one of many errors that I shouldn't have made. I have a picture of it before I started painting though I just sent a copy of it to my insurance company, time to insure and register it (the plates have been in storage since I bought it three years ago)

Comment

I Like that car ! Looks like those seats would be comfortable.. Are you about ready to drive? I wish I had mine that close to being together what drive train ? Keep it up and you'll be drivin' "BY WHEN"?

Comment

For the fender shims to the pillar/firewall are you guys using stainless washers?

regards, Cus
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                I Like that car ! Looks like those seats would be comfortable.. Are you about ready to drive? I wish I had mine that close to being together what drive train ? Keep it up and you'll be drivin' "BY WHEN"?
                I sent pictures to my insurance company to get coverage on it (I've been self insured up til now) and emailed the court house about getting plates. I have driven it around in the back yard 350 Chevy belly button motor, 700R4 transmission, I think 3.31 gears in the Dana 44, the chassis was from a 58 Silver Hawk V8 car, I've got finned drums all around I'd like to drive it this month, I started the project three years ago this month. It took two years longer than I had intended What the heck was I thinking????

Comment

Originally posted by Cus63 View Post
                  For the fender shims to the pillar/firewall are you guys using stainless washers?

regards, Cus
                  Do you mean where the fenders bolt to the A Pillar/cowl? There I use the rubber "gasket?" cushion from a vendor. Somehow...I don't think I read your question accurately.

Comment

Originally posted by 1953champcoupe View Post

I forgot to tape the SN plate off Just one of many errors that I shouldn't have made. I have a picture of it before I started painting though I just sent a copy of it to my insurance company, time to insure and register it (the plates have been in storage since I bought it three years ago)
                    Do not remove the S/N plate. Remove the paint from the plate and apply a new decal with the black, printed information.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 1953champcoupe View Post

Do you mean where the fenders bolt to the A Pillar/cowl? There I use the rubber "gasket?" cushion from a vendor. Somehow...I don't think I read your question accurately.
                      Yes, that's what I meant, I'm waiting on my rubber Kit, I wasn't sure if it was just a gasket or needed shims as well ,

regards, Cus
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X