Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

body codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: body codes

1962 Lark 4 door wagon. On my firewall there is a rough tin plate held on by two screws that reads in letters about 1/2" high 62V-P4. On a separate plate is the number 7538. On the door jamb is an aluminum VIN plate with the code 62VC 3322. Can anyone decode these for me?
    Thanks
    Warren

Originally posted by wuga View Post
    1962 Lark 4 door wagon. On my firewall there is a rough tin plate held on by two screws that reads in letters about 1/2" high 62V-P4. On a separate plate is the number 7538. On the door jamb is an aluminum VIN plate with the code 62VC 3322. Can anyone decode these for me?
    Thanks
    Warren
    Body plate - 1962 model year, V8 engine, Deluxe four door wagon, the number just relates to the order that the body was welded up (not sure about Hamilton numbering).
    Serial Number - 1962 model year, V8, assembled in Hamilton (Canada), the 2322nd S/N for 1962 Hamilton V8s.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Really about all you can learn of any significance from the Serial Number Plate (Stainless Steel) and the Body Tag, that you cannot easily SEE and May not know, is that it is a P4 Deluxe Lower Trim level Wagon, not a Top of the Line P6 Regal.

That is why, when we really want to know details, we order the Production Order from the Studebaker National Museum.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I will be talking to Andrew Beckman from the museum later in April if and when the museum reopens. I will ask him about the Production Order.
        Thanks
        Warren

Comment

Originally posted by wuga View Post
          I will be talking to Andrew Beckman from the museum later in April if and when the museum reopens. I will ask him about the Production Order.
          Thanks
          Warren
          If you don’t won’t to wait, PO can be ordered through the museums online store. I am guessing they are still keeping that part open. Good luck.

Comment

Ordered. About 4 week delivery.
            Thanks
            Warren

Comment

Working...
            X