Seat Belt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Seat Belt Question

I’m working on my 1957 Packard wagon. I have the original optional front seat belts.
    I took this car apart years ago and am now putting it together. I get how the the flat end belt attaches to inside of door and clips to door panel. ( not sure I want to put them back that way)! Where does the buckle end attach? There is just a sewn loop at the end. Does it attach to the seat frame? Any help appreciated.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Ok, I’ve decided to use the seat belt anchors and attached hardware from the 1963-66 Lark type. The 1957 design although interesting to look at, seems a bit scary to actually use today.
    If in a accident (heaven forbid!) seems like the doors sometimes pop open. And in doing so you would lose your restraint and possibly topple out.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
      Ok, I’ve decided to use the seat belt anchors and attached hardware from the 1963-66 Lark type. The 1957 design although interesting to look at, seems a bit scary to actually use today.
      If in a accident (heaven forbid!) seems like the doors sometimes pop open. And in doing so you would lose your restraint and possibly topple out.
      Or be cut in half by the belt. I have those early style belts in my 54 pickup. Just bolted them to the floor pan with very large washers. The aftermarket belts use that technique.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
      X