Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 61 Hawk Door Trim

'61 Hawk Door Trim,
    Hello, was looking at my door trims the other day, the chrome ones that run along the top of the door.
    the fixing clips are riveted to the back of the trim, all my rivets are snapped off, leaving the holes plugged
    with the broken pin, has anyone got an idea how to remove the broken pins,

regards, Cus
    sigpic

Are you sure the trim clips were riveted? i would bet they were held in place on small cast in stands that were bradded over to hold clips. i have drilled tiny holes part way through the stand and used short sheet metal screws to hold clip. this is how the side grill pans are held to the side grills on the wifes 57 Silver Hawk.a small dab of JB weld over the screw heads is good insurance. Luck Doofus

Comment

I think he wants to know how to remove the pins that are stuck in the holes. May have to remove the door panel and work from the inside of the door to push them up and out if there isn't enough of the pin sticking out to grasp with a set of side cutters or small vise grips.

Comment

Thanks for the replies,
        they are not pop type rivets, more like knock in type, a dome head pin with like a small flat washer, I have only one in place, all others are snapped off in the trim itself, into the
        circular built up stands on the back, & they don't protrude enough to grab on, if worse comes to worse, I might just use panel glue & clamp on these, there is a bolt that screws into the 2 ends,

regards, Cus
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Cus, you have posted some great photos so far of your restoration, how about one of this troublesome trim you're wrestling with, I'm having trouble trying to picture the problem . Cheers Harryhawk
          Last edited by Harryhawk; 03-13-2020, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X