• Show
Clear All

• doofus
    replied
    Thanks Allen, timing is everything! Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• allen04084
    replied
    ........and the answer is - for those who may be searching for it years from now - when tensions are set: drivers side 12 o'clock, passengers side 8 o'clock.

Leave a comment:

• allen04084
    replied
    Originally posted by doofus View Post
    Wouldnt you rotate the idler toward right to tension the belt? cant see 7o as the w/p pulley would interfere. i would put the belt on and go from there. good close up tho. Luck Doofus
    Thanks Doofus, yes, that seems like the logical position, but the belt isn't big enough when I do it that way. I'm using the same belt as before removal.
    Last edited by allen04084; 03-10-2020, 06:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    Wouldnt you rotate the idler toward right to tension the belt? cant see 7o as the w/p pulley would interfere. i would put the belt on and go from there. good close up tho. Luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• 1966 AC Compressor Bracket Idler Pulley Position

I'm re-installing the AC compressor on my Daytona and don't remember what orientation to position the 2 idler pulley assemblies on the bracket. The Parts books shows both drivers and passengers side idler pulleys at about the 7 o'clock position, as seen from the front. Is that the correct ballpark position, prior to tension adjustments? Pic is my drivers side idler pulley, shown at about the 4 o'clock position, and I know that's not right. '65 uses the same bracket - anybody with a '65 or '66 w/AC 283 that can check theirs?? Appreciated!

Click image for larger version  Name:	pulley.jpg Views:	0 Size:	74.3 KB ID:	1824509
    Last edited by allen04084; 03-10-2020, 06:36 AM.
Working...
X