1961 Hawk Interior finishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: 1961 Hawk Interior finishes

I am ready to paint the interior metal parts of my '61 Hawk. Exterior is Ermine White and interior trim is Blaze Red. Can someone confirm that the painted interior parts
    to be painted are the trim around the front and rear windows, the trim around the quarter windows, dashboard, inside of doors above the door panels, kick panels, seat hinge covers. Is the steering column also painted to match?
    Thanks much.

OK ,try again. I keep getting a phishing pop-up. I have a 61 Hawk that is original . I am 97% sure you are correct but I'll check when I go back down to the shop shortly and if I'm wrong I'll let you know. One of my favorite places is Fantasy of Flight.

Comment

That is the way my 61 is painted except the hinge covers are chrome. If yours are painted I would assume they would want to match the rest of the trim.

Comment

Here is one '61 Hawk, it appears to have correct Blaze Red Paint, I can't prove it, it's not mine:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Black 60b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	127.5 KB ID:	1824085 You can see that it has been Re-Upholstered in the correct pattern, but NOT Factory RED, it's Maroon.

The Windshield Mouldings have to Match the Dull Black Dash Pad, in Semi-Gloss or Matty Black for Low Glare.
        Yes, 1/4 Window Frames are also Red with Red Interiors.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 03-06-2020, 02:05 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Haw about the steering column?
          Thanks

Comment

OK, just went down to garage to triple check; the steering column in StudeRich pic is WRONG. It should be the same color as the dash, etc. (Red) Mine is that odd, unmatchable blue. Ceci's had a red interior and the column was also red.

Comment

Jeffry, Thanks for that. Just to confirm, the windshield moldings are painted interior color?

Comment

The picture is not of US 1961 Hawk may be Canadian car wrong steering wheel should be flatten oval two tone. Seats were buckets and door panels have silver color oval. I think Canadian cars had bench seats .When I bought my 1961 it was two year old one owner car which my brother still has.
                Last edited by acolds; 03-08-2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

cosmo: yes the windshield molding is the same color; in your case red. bucket seats were an option, but you are right , the door panels are not correct. I believe the seat is correct , tho

Comment

Thanks a lot. Great help. Mine has the bucket seats in red and black.
                    Dennis.

Comment

According to Ed Reynolds Studebaker Hawk book and a 1961 sales folder bucket seats were standard. As I stated before I talked to a guy at Studebaker meet who had a 1961 Black Hawk built in Canada which had bench seat he told me Canadian hawks did not have bucket seats.

Comment

The Hawk shown in StudeRich photo looks to be a 1960 model which would explain the 1957-60 steering wheel type.

1959-61 Lark and Hawk models are kind of unique in that cars with red interiors used black dash pads, black cloth seat inserts and I'm pretty sure the steering column and the base colour of the steering wheel were also black. The parts catalog should confirm this.. As StudeRich stated above the windshield inner garnish mouldings would also be black.

Chris.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The Hawk shown in the first pictures is identical to the 1960 Hawk that my parents owned. Same Ermine white and red interior.
                          David L

Comment

Working...
                          X