53 V8 Heater hose tee location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 53 V8 Heater hose tee location

Does anyone have a photo of the location for the two heater hose tees, manual photo not clear to me
    Attached Files

Body Parts Book page 3 (AC-1) has a nice pic. Some where, probably shop manual, has a chart of hose lengths, too. Didn't find that as helpful, tho.

Comment

That’s what I pictured in my post Jeff but it’s confusing to me, hoping someone has a clear photo from their car.

Comment

Doing a Forum Search on Hose "T" 's, these were the best Pictures I could find.

Click image for larger version  Name:	62 Hawk Hose Routing1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	1823397Click image for larger version  Name:	62 Hawk Hose Routing2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	1823398
        Maybe not the best Photos, but a start.

I always install the "T" 's a bit more to the Rear, for the small 3/8" Hoses to be closer to the Defroster Core.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The small hose from the tee in the above photo on the right goes to which outlet on the firewall, driver’s or passenger side? Thanks Rich

Comment

BOTH the Defrost Input AND the Under Seat Core Input from the TOP Arm of the Water Manifold on a V8 or a Cyl. Head on a 6 (Hottest, returning water to the Rad.) MUST FIRST go to the Climatizer Temp. Control Valve.

The other Two are the return to the Lower Water Manifold Fitting.

To more directly answer that, the above Manual Picture shows the Hot Input going to the Passenger Side Bent Tube on the Control Valve.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

My engine had a hose running from the top arm of the water manifold to the passenger side of the water valve, wrong I guess? Which hose is which from the heater core, passenger side (outer) is? Driver’s (inner)? To clarify, each hose from the core go to a tee. The other side of each tee has a 5/8 to where and the small hose of each tee to where?

Comment

Well I’ve got it guys. Just remembered I took the hoses off my 51 Landcruiser still attached to the tees and tagged. I also studied the body parts book better and colored the hoses in the book, didn’t see the small hoses before for some reason.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by tim333; 03-02-2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Thing is, every Studebaker still extant has had the heater hoses replaced at Moe Howard's Service Station and the pic in the book is the best reference there is. Anyone who has tried to 'do it right' has used that illustration.

Comment

Actually the photo in the 51 parts manual is much clearer than the 53 manual

Comment

Working...
                    X