Changing bench to bucket seats 1959 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Changing bench to bucket seats 1959 Lark

I am new to the forum and don't know where to look for this. I would like to convert my 59 Lark hardtop to modern head restraint type bucket seats they would need to fold forward for access to the rear seat of course, anyone done this and where did they get their seats from? Thanks for your patience and help.
    Last edited by gerry r; 02-18-2020, 10:11 PM.

Find a set of seats you like in about any modern full or mid-size vehicle for starters. I like to prowl the wrecking yards but that's getting harder to do. Pay particular attention to the mounting points as you will need to adapt them to your floor but that's not a big issue if you can do some fabrication.

Also look for seats with power and heat controls on the seat and they can be usually be hooked up with just a 12 volt +/- connection.

Be careful about buying the seat belts with them as most are now scrap and most yards won't sell them any way. They lock destructively when the bags go off.

Ebay can be a place to locate them but a major dismantler like LKQ will have almost new and will deliver to their nearest location cheap.

I have Camry seats in my 54K and Pontiac G6 in 74 Avanti.

Aftermarket ones Like Procar are available also.

A lot of choices if you just look around. Most newer cars are now small enough that their seats are about right for these cars.

Be sure to beef up your mounting points and use quality aftermarket 3-point seatbelts for safety if you chose to go this way.

Bob

Comment

Working...
    X