Apache Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Apache Red

I have 2 trucks that I want to repaint. Both are Apache Red. I have the Studebaker paint code and the old paint supplier codes for lacquer and enamel paint.
    I would like to use a single stage urethane paint. So my question is does anyone have a modern paint code/formula for apache red? The paint store will try to match the original
    paint but everything I have to take in is an old repaint.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Studebaker driver since 1971
    59 Lark
    59 4X4
    62 E45
    64 E15
    64 E35

I feel your pain. I don't have an answer.
    I am astounded that paint manufacturers have not created paint codes to cross over every time a new paint comes along. I went through this ten years ago with a 1981 Motorcycle that wasn't even 30 years old. No paint code cross over. Had to take in a side cover and have them "computer match" it. Some of the really cool older colors are virtually lost to history.

Comment

You could try Blaze Red a 1961 and '62 Color or Regal Red for1963, all are nice Deep, Bright Reds, not Orange-ish like the Boring "Fire Engine" Reds.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I don't know who to credit, but in my notes I have Daihatsu R13 as a match for Apache Red. That's probably a two-stage, but maybe can be mixed in a urethane too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
          I don't know who to credit, but in my notes I have Daihatsu R13 as a match for Apache Red. That's probably a two-stage, but maybe can be mixed in a urethane too.
          Thanks Dwain
          I will look into the Daihatsu R13 when I go back to the paint store.
          Steve
          Studebaker driver since 1971
          59 Lark
          59 4X4
          62 E45
          64 E15
          64 E35

Comment

Working...
          X