50 Champion Parking Brake cable "stops"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: 50 Champion Parking Brake cable "stops"

I bought a new parking brake cable rear section for Dad's 50 Champion. I am ready to install it and the manual says push it through the guide tube in the brake backing plate, install the "stop" and push it back into the guide tube until it stops. Sounds easy enough, except my cable didn't come with a stop and I don't even know what the stop is supposed to look like. I can't find a picture that shows it in the parts book or service manual. There is a round tube on the cable with a groove it it. I am guessing the "stop" fits into the groove on this tube. I looked in the parts book and I didn't see a listing for a "stop". So what is this stop and does it fit in the groove on the tube. Where might I find this "stop"

If my guess about what the stop is and where it goes is wrong, please explain how it is supposed to work. All insight is welcome.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

The 'stops' are listed in the parts book as a washer 'C' clip part #198004. They look like this........
    Most of the time people swear there was nothing there. That's because it all turned into a ball of rust. Pack as much grease in there with it as you can.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	brake.cable.tube.cclip.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.6 KB ID:	1818454
    Last edited by Dwain G.; 01-25-2020, 08:44 PM.
    "Burning Bridges...Lost Forevermore"......

Comment

awesome, thanks
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X