Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackhawk
    replied
    I bought one of their filter assembles in 2018 when I was adding a return line to the gas tank on my '64 Cruiser. Someone on the SDC forum had recommended the Show Cars Automotive unit. After I received it, I compared it to the original on my '63 GT Hawk R1. The Show Cars unit looks like a darn good copy. I was very pleased to find a filter assembly that had an opening for a return line AND looked like the factory original.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Hmm... that looks like a Good one BUT, a Show Cars Website Search for the Element; SC1155B only brings up the Complete $70.00 Assy. which MAY not work on a Studebaker, unless it has the proper size Restrictor Fitting.
    Not to mention the OP HAS the Filter Unit, and needs only the Element.

This is getting very common Today, the sellers of Chinese Import Parts never have "Replacement Parts" available.
    They do not use the old Sears and Roebuck technique of: "we service what we Sell"!

UPDATE: Correction, further review of their Site shows that if you do not use the "SC" in the Part Number (as they suggest) the Element IS found for $8.75!

ALSO: if you do a full Site Search for Fuel System Parts in Section 01.300 under "Gas Filter Elements" you will find not only the one for the Return System Filter, but also the small one for Non-Return Systems and the Gasket!

I think it is possible that their 1155A for non-return systems would work in the Standard V8 Stude. Original Carter Fuel Pumps!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 01-25-2020, 04:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• blackhawk
    replied
    Item # 7484 from Show Cars Automotive Inc (https://show-cars.com/product/3184) very closely resembles the Studebaker original.

Dale
    '63 GT Hawk R1

Leave a comment:

• dsd
    started a topic Fuel System: 64 Hawk Fuel Filter

64 Hawk Fuel Filter

All,

Can you help me identify a part number or replacement for the below fuel filter element/assembly for. 1964 R1 GT Hawk.

thanks!
Working...
X