Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

64-66 Lark Type Front Fender Stress Cracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 64-66 Lark Type Front Fender Stress Cracks.

A recent post on the Faccebook page "1964-1966 Studebaker (Lark Type)" brought to my attention a repair for a problem I had found on my front fenders. There is a stessed corner which it seems the factory added a reinforcement at some point.
    From the FB post the author posted the first and second pictures. Subsequently I made a reinforcement for one of my fenders (pictures 3 and 4) which I will use to make a mate for the other side.

Edit: per r1lark's comment I've added a 5th image from the original RB post and will describe the location below.

The cracks form at the fender corner where the valance attaches to the fender. The 5th image shows a couple of fenders nested together (note the fenders do not have the wind deflectors (headlight mounts) or inner fenders attached).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fatboylust; 01-21-2020, 02:34 PM.

Great post David! Did not know about this; I need to go out and check my Daytona.

But.......I'm struggling to figure out where on the fender this is. Looks like it's in the front near the headlight surround area?
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

r1lark, good point, I've edited the post, hope it helps.

Comment

Ok got it now. Will check my Daytona tomorrow afternoon. Thanks David!
        Last edited by r1lark; 01-21-2020, 04:57 PM.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I have some NOS replacement fenders with 1 Side without the re-enforcement and the other with it.
          So it obviously was "Fixed" at some point or it was a South Bend vs Canada difference/issue.
          If there were any Red Primed ones, they would be Canada and the Dark Gray are South Bend.
          Last edited by StudeRich; 01-21-2020, 04:49 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
          X