Identify wiper motor voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Identify wiper motor voltage

Hello, i just bought this wiper motor for my hawk.... but it doesn´t have any indication about the voltage.... How can i knowif is 6v or 12v?
    Thanks in advance!

Looks 12 Volt to me, "Most" 6 Volts were "Redmond" Brand and this is not.
    Maybe give it 12 volts, and if it runs much faster than normal even on "High", it IS a 6 Volt.

Doesn't it have Autolite, and or 12V or 6V stamped somewhere, on the Motor, not the Gearbox or Mounting Plate?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I just checked my 6 volt wiper motor from a 55 Commander. There is a stamping on the motor case. I took a picture but have not figured out how to post pics from my phone yet. On my motor it says Auto-Lite-EPB-4001 6V. Located 1/2" from end opposite drive end, view looking at face of mounting plate.

Comment

FWIW, I think the motor pictured is an Auto-Lite. I was at a car show today, and a '56 Ford F100 pickup had a very similar motor; only the mounting plate seemed different.
        Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
          FWIW, I think the motor pictured is an Auto-Lite. I was at a car show today, and a '56 Ford F100 pickup had a very similar motor; only the mounting plate seemed different.
          1956/60 Ford Truck (except parcel delivery) wiper motor was made by Bosch, Ford part number C0TZ-17508-A

1956 was the first year that FoMoCo vehicles were 12V negative ground.

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
            Yes, Autolite provided also wiper motor for studebakers, and the mount is without any doubt Studebaker.... i am now waiting to receive the motor, but the seller don't even know what brand was.... so i bought blinded (Is hard to find a 12 volt original studebaker wiper motor with this mount....) i hope it is a 12volt, because it seems never been used....

Comment

Originally posted by Merwin View Post
              I just checked my 6 volt wiper motor from a 55 Commander. There is a stamping on the motor case. I took a picture but have not figured out how to post pics from my phone yet. On my motor it says Auto-Lite-EPB-4001 6V. Located 1/2" from end opposite drive end, view looking at face of mounting plate.
              Ok, i will check it as soon as it arrives.... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Looks 12 Volt to me, "Most" 6 Volts were "Redmond" Brand and this is not.
                Maybe give it 12 volts, and if it runs much faster than normal even on "High", it IS a 6 Volt.

Doesn't it have Autolite, and or 12V or 6V stamped somewhere, on the Motor, not the Gearbox or Mounting Plate?
                I have not receive it yet, i don't know if it have a voltage indication or stamp somewhere, the seller don´t even known for what kind of car it was... i will check as soon as it arrives... i hope it is a 12volt, because it seems in pretty nice cond... Thanks

Comment

I have a similar one without the mount, and trying to bench test if anyone has ideas.

Comment

Working...
                  X