Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

48 Champion Starlight Coupe sheet metal interchanges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 48 Champion Starlight Coupe sheet metal interchanges

can anyone tell me please were the doors , trunk , rear fenders , the wrap around rear glass , windshield , all the same from the 1948 across to the 1951 ??? Basically can you use the wrap around glass from a 48 and fit it into a 1950's commander , same with the other parts ???

I know for a fact that a 52 commander starlight glass will fit in a 50 champion starlight. I had to buy a whole 52 parts car just to get 1 piece of glass!

Comment

Basically, the answer to your question is yes.

The five passenger rear glass fits 47-52.

Be mindful that doors have to be from the same body style - 4 door doors only fit 4 door cars. That's probably obvious. 47-52 Land Cruiser rear doors are unique to Land Cruiser.

47-52 two door doors fit two door sedans, five passenger coupes and three passenger
      coupes.

52 hardtop doors fit 47-52 convertibles also.

There are two types of trunks. The "long" trunks and hinges fit 47-52 coupes, both five passenger and three passenger. The "short" trunks and hinges fit sedans, convertibles and Land Cruisers.

The early windshields were two piece on the 47-50 sedans. I do not know if a one piece windshield will fit where a two piece came out, but it probably will. Same with the sedan rear glass. All 47-52 convertibles and Land Cruisers had one piece windshields and in 51-52, all Studebaker cars had one piece windshields.
      Last edited by RadioRoy; 01-10-2020, 03:03 PM.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

RadioRoy your a star many thanks for the info

Comment

You are quite welcome.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
          10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
          56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
          60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Working...
          X