Neatsfoot oil, how much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Neatsfoot oil, how much?

I have the neatsfoot oil and a 3 cc syringe. What volume for the hydrovac in my 57 President? I left my 56-57 shop manual in Montana. Thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	hydrovac.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	1814245
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Hello Jack, do you know if your Hydrovac is original with Leather inside or Rebuilt more recently with a Modern Neoprene Diaphragm?
    Only the Leather ones need the Neatsfoot Oil.

The Studebaker 1956 Shop Manual says add ONE Ounce.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks Rich, nice to hear from you again. As far as I know it is original, as was the rest of the car, a running and fairly well-preserved survivor with little rust and add exterior coat of primer. My only mechanical modifications were to replace the right front wheel cylinder, a bit of work with the mufflers and exhaust pipes, and replace the incorrect Rochester 4 jet with a NOS WCFB. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
      sigpic
      Jack, in Montana

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        Hello Jack, do you know if your Hydrovac is original with Leather inside or Rebuilt more recently with a Modern Neoprene Diaphragm?
        Only the Leather ones need the Neatsfoot Oil.

The Studebaker 1956 Shop Manual says add ONE Ounce.
        Rich, on reconsideration, I remember the Hydrovac unit was the only thing in the car which looked NEW or freshly painted. It is probably a rebuilt unit, as the brakes work perfectly. Here is a photo I took of the engine bay before I did any modifications on the car. Thanks for the warning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_73721.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1814364
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jnfweber; 12-23-2019, 06:40 AM.
        sigpic
        Jack, in Montana

Comment

A gold 1957 President. That is living. What body is it -2 dr., 4 dr., Classic - ? I only note a couple of incorrect items. The most important one is the battery. It appears to be a 24F instead of the correct 24 or 24C.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Jack Weber 57H.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.8 KB ID:	1814312Click image for larger version  Name:	Jack Weber 57 Engine.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	1814313
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Dark Blue '57 Classic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.1 KB ID:	1814314
            Originally posted by studegary View Post
            A gold 1957 President. That is living. What body is it -2 dr., 4 dr., Classic - ? I only note a couple of incorrect items. The most important one is the battery. It appears to be a 24F instead of the correct 24 or 24C.
            I am pretty sure it's this Pres. Classic. No it's not Black, just the darkest Chev. BLUE Color available, now Restored.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Dare to be different eh? just plain awsome! Luck Doofus

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                Not exactly a gold President Classic, more or less rose, or Rose Mist & Cream, which I believe were the original colors. An almost mint gold SPC was listed on "Bring a Trailer" a few months (or years) ago, which I copied. This is not the right place to show photos of Studebakers, but what the heck. Merry Christmas to all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gold pres.jpg Views:	0 Size:	35.6 KB ID:	1814357Click image for larger version  Name:	gold dash.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.3 KB ID:	1814358Click image for larger version  Name:	rose dash.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	1814359
                Click image for larger version  Name:	image_73736.jpg Views:	9 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	1814360Click image for larger version  Name:	image_73737.jpg Views:	8 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	1814361 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0084.JPG
Views:	231
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1814369
                Attached Files
                Last edited by jnfweber; 12-23-2019, 06:56 AM.
                sigpic
                Jack, in Montana

Comment

Working...
                X