Broken Seat Adjuster Track Connecting Wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Broken Seat Adjuster Track Connecting Wire

The wire, which connects both seat adjuster tracks on my Sky Hawk front seat, has broken. Any wire I've used, trying to replace it, has stretched and not worked. I've thought about using wire fishing leader, but have NO idea what lb. test wire to use. Any other ideas on what to use for connecting wire, which won't stretch?

I've used welding rod for such things many, many times and have never had any problems with it.

Comment

Contact your local piano tuner.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

On one of the parts cars that I bought a person had used a coat hanger Welding rod would be great, steel retailers have rod but have minimum purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by 1953champcoupe View Post
          On one of the parts cars that I bought a person had used a coat hanger Welding rod would be great, steel retailers have rod but have minimum purchases.
          Coat hanger would work well, but these days I'd bet it's easier to find the welding rod than a wire hanger. I tend to use stainless rod; just find a welding supply, or someone who TIG welds, the rods are 3 ft long so plenty long enough, 1/16" should do it, they'll probably give you one.

Comment

SASCO had thousands of these wires going back.......give them the part #

Comment

Working...
            X