Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Alignment with Flaming River kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Alignment with Flaming River kit

I converted to one of Southeast Stude's Flaming River rack and pinion kits in my '54 coupe custom. If anyone here has done this as well, my question is about alignment. My assumption is caster and camber are adjusted using shims at the inner ends of the upper control arms where the upper pin bolts to the frame bracket. Is that right?
    Thanks.

Are you talking about their front suspension kit? Or do they offer a R&P kit that works with the stock suspension?
    sigpic

Comment

If stock suspension, caster and camber are adjusted at the upper outer "Trunnion". their is an eccentric pin that can be rotated for adjustment, usually after dis assembly and cleaning/lubing. Luck Doofus

Comment

It's the complete kit including ball joints and control arms. There are no eccentric pins with this kit.

Comment

Cosmo -

If you think about it...you've installed more modern control arms.
          That said, would you not adjust the caster and camber the same way that the more modern control arms do it ?

Did the instructions tell you haw to adjust the caster and camber ? I would think they would have. If not...call the manufacturer of the kit and ask them.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X