No announcement yet.

Avanti II brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe Avanti Motors ever published any wiring diagrams, and they frequently changed their wiring anyway. So the only ones around seem to be the ones that Avanti owners have developed. Some of them are here:
    https://studebaker-info.org/

You can try Google too, which will probably take you take you to some pages on the above site.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

I have a question: Wasn't Avanti by the 70's using someone else's drive train? If a Chevy engine/trans, what about the diff? May make a difference here. it's kind of a Noob question, since I don't have an Avanti myself.

Comment

Kimberly,
        I do have a 1970 serial # RQA 0332.
        The drivetrain is 1970 Corvette LT1, low output (only 300 HP vs 350 and 365 which were also available from GM), a modified (to fit the Chev engine) bell housing, a Flightomatic, and a flanged axle 44 series Dana differential, twin traction.
        The brakes Paul referenced are the standard performance (at least for the last few years of Studebaker) Dunlop Girling Jaguar disc brakes.
        They work exceptionally well as long as they are maintained in as original condition(they were raced at LeMans on Jaguars). Even the rear drums (11" I believe) are well matched .
        If you need more brake, see my post in # 12.
        Cheers,
        Bill

Comment

Working...
        X