Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

My Stude is leaking a lot of oil. Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bolts I used are 1 1/2" long.

I replaced the 4 bolts on the bottom end and the leak has been reduced by about 95% so I'm happy with that. The other bolts are up too high for me. I removed the oil stains off the garage floor in about 5 minutes by grinding cat litter in them with my shoes. Thanks again to all who offered advice....
    Attached Files
    1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

50Champ,

I looked at your picture of the new bolt against the old bolts and noticed that the split lockwasher offsets some of the 1 1/2" long bolt.
      Will long arms from my 6'8" height help me reach those high bolts if I have to replace those bolts?
      Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Ermine White View Post
        50Champ,

I looked at your picture of the new bolt against the old bolts and noticed that the split lockwasher offsets some of the 1 1/2" long bolt.
        Will long arms from my 6'8" height help me reach those high bolts if I have to replace those bolts?
        Mark.
        I'm 6 foot and can reach up to them with no problem but there's very little room to work with so I think your height would be a disadvantage for you plus you probably have bigger hands which would also be a problem in a tight space. Drive your car onto a pair of ramps and crawl under there and take a look for yourself. Good luck....
        1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Working...
        X