Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

56 studebaker wagon WINDLACE question---May pertain to all 1950's Studes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 56 studebaker wagon WINDLACE question---May pertain to all 1950's Studes

Hello .. I have after market windlace that isn't quite wide enough to slide under the body's pinch tangs that hold the windlace in place, and fit properly
    ... that said, is there a windlace available that matches the stock width SIZE , OR, does one simply have to modify the modern replacement ?? thanks

Sew strips of heavy material onto the verge. I have also cut stripsr of cheap indoo/outdoor carpeting and glued it on with hot melt glue. Worked great.

Comment

Yes the Studebaker New Interior reproduction providers sew a "Tack Strip" onto the mounting tab to widen it for All Post war Studebakers. They do sell the Modified stuff ready to install in the correct Length for each Model.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Look closely at your old windlace.there is a peice of welting cord sewn next to the robber. this lays in a groove in the body flange and helps prevent pullout.i have had to add this cord next to the rubber body and a strip of canvas to reach the hold down tabs,also bend each tab slightly so the point actually holds the strip and doesnt just clamp it. Luck Doofus

Comment

thanks ...i got to a sewing machine....Done

Comment

Working...
          X