Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

289 Fan Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 289 Fan Belt

Hello,
    I'm looking for a reference for a new fan belt, the old belt in the spares box is a Dunlop V561, no one seems to have record of that belt,
    so I'm after a modern reference, it's a standard 1963 Freeflow motor with a Delco Generator,

Thanks, Cus
    sigpic

Gates 7565 / Goodyear/Dayco 15565 62-63-64 V8 w/ standard fan (not viscous drive)
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Nate Nagel spent a great deal of time putting together a parts interchange file for our benefit, and has moved on to other enterprises.
      It hasn't been updated for nine years, but we are indebted to him.

https://northstarstudebakers.com/wp-...nterchange.pdf
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

The belt that is on my '63 289-powered '60 Lark is GM9433764 GW.440X56.00
        Brand unknown? Hope this helps in some way.

Comment

If your car really does have a Delco alternator, a standard Studebaker belt number may or may not fit. Supposedly V561 crosses to a Gates C184.

Comment

Since a '63 GT Hawk came with a Prestolite ALTERNATOR, using a '62 Generator would not allow use of a Stock, correct Belt for a '63, it would take a '62 Stude. V8 Belt.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
            X