Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

New 'Universal' Radiator offered by Flex-a-lite (link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: New 'Universal' Radiator offered by Flex-a-lite (link)

Just an FYI... (not a nitpic invitation)

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2019/...llCylinders%29

(copy)

LAS VEGAS, NV — Flex-A-Lite introduced the newest version of its Universal-Fit radiator featuring its proprietary extruded tube core technology at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas.

Cole Quinell from Flex-A-Lite showed off the company’s newest, lightweight aluminum radiator, which you can check out in the video above.

According to Flex-A-Lite, Extruded Tube Core Performance radiators are an optimum choice because they transfer heat 20 percent more effectively than other radiators on the market.

This newest version will be available for order by the end of 2019, Quinell said.

The extruded tube core increases the contact area between coolant and the extruded tubes for better heat rejection and cooling, Flex-A-Lite officials say. Additionally, the cooling fins have been designed with louver patterns cut into them to direct airflow. These radiators have a 100-psi burst rating, and include a corner subhead which reinforces the cooling tube-to-header connection—an area prone to cracking and leaking in aluminum radiators.

See the video above for more info.

Radiators are available with or without electric fan systems attached.

Tags: Flex-a-lite, radiators, SEMA, SEMA 2019, Video
    Author: OnAllCylinders Staff

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Just an FYI... (not a nitpic invitation)
    Haven't posted here before, have you?

Comment

Hey Jeff, you seem to be a bit more worldly than I am these days, sitting over here "with my head in the sand"... On one of the SEMA sites, there was a few pics of the new Rangers that folks had modified. Of course most of them were made for 16 foot tall baseball playing lumberjacks with several guns to put in the window rack and several cases of empty brew containers in the bed, BUT.... There was one yellow one that had been lowered enough that it looked like a normal sized human might actually be able to look in the bed and even get in it without a ladder or step-stool. My bride bought one as soon as she could get the order blank filled out and processed, and it is gorgeous, runs like a muscle car, and has got as high as 27.4 mpg so far. Then, .......

.......Another BUT..... the darn thing is so high that I can rest my chin on the tailgate ( I think I am still 5'7") and for the physical luggage that I am blessed with, very difficult to climb up into and jump out of. ( it is high as the a##hole on a giraffe ) I would love to find out the how and how much to lower this thing from those or other folks, but had no luck so far finding any info. Know any thing or place for me to try that I might not have thought of ?

By the way, this baby is a delight to drive and ride in, but it has more electronic crap than the space shuttle, so I am very careful to only head out in relatively short, straight paths and get back before dark, ha ! This is the 1st vehicle I've had that I love to drive, but dread and hate to operate... Thanks to you or anyone else with suggestions, it really looks complicated to start my old back-yard lowering tricks on.

Comment

Hmm, John's Post #3 seems to be about "something" totally other than Flex-A-Lite Radiators. Maybe it's on the wrong string.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

StudeRich, I did it strictly because Jeff mentioned SEMA and even referenced it. Just thought he might know some way to contact someone, and since the Flex-a-Lite folks were there, didn't know if he went to SEMA and had info or not.

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
            StudeRich, I did it strictly because Jeff mentioned SEMA and even referenced it. Just thought he might know some way to contact someone, and since the Flex-a-Lite folks were there, didn't know if he went to SEMA and had info or not.
            Was not in Vegas for SEMA. Just saw an interesting item and shared the info with this forum in case someone might be interested. Also try to put as much quality info into the header (for future reference) and into the post itself (so it is not cryptic).
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
            X