Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

63 Hawk Flight-o-Matic rebuild kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission: 63 Hawk Flight-o-Matic rebuild kit?

Which rebuild kit do I need to order for a 63 Hawk with a Flight-o-matic. I have a the basic, on the column shift 3-speed (that starts in 2nd).

I have had several transmissions rebuilt in the last few years. I've been able to get the parts from Studebaker International. They've benn able to supply what was needed in the way of bands and clutches as well as all the O-rings and seals. I have a very good mechanic who has done oodles of FMX type transmissions; finding an able mechanic will be your biggest problem. Ask Texas members who to go to. I still remember the horrible machine shop services in San Antonio and ruined cranks and heads. Be careful

Comment

If you are looking for a high performance rebuild, drop me a PM and I'll elaborate what was involved with my Powershift modifications.
      Bill

Comment

Transtar kit # 1006006A will get you paper,rubber,seals, friction plates and replacement steel plates, sealing rings. You will have to source any bushings and bands that your rebuild needs. NorthWest Transmisson Parts in Ohio, 800 327 1955 can supply most needs. Lou Cote

Comment

Here you go... FATSCO

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flightomati...-/281044057801

Comment

Thanks to all. I ended up ordering the rebuild kit through Stude International (waiting on it to arrive still).

Comment

Working...
            X