Using A Left 53 air Vent Door on Right Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Using A Left 53 air Vent Door on Right Side

After none of the 5 parts cars I had a good enough air vent door for the right side of The Saturday Night Special, I started looking on Ebay, and a few places here in Alabama. Found one other decent used one for the right side. Worked it and painted it. Worked it again, Painted it. Still not satisfactory! Sooo ,, finally found a NOS one on Ebay. But wait,!! It arrived and was for the left side. WHAT !!! It seems to me there have been plenty good ones for the left ?? And, the right sides are scarce . Is this the case , or just for me ?? Well long story short, I made the right one a left one. If everyone on has already done this, then just ignore. If it helps just use this.

On the left is the old right side. In the center is the new left. Notice the Tab off the rusty right side and the pop rivets. And the rest of the story
    Drill out the spot welds with a 1/8'" drill bit. measure and drill the new one. Pop rivet in place.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0170.JPG Views:	0 Size:	126.1 KB ID:	1810505Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0180.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.0 KB ID:	1810506Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0183.JPG Views:	0 Size:	94.5 KB ID:	1810507Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0184.JPG Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	1810508

EXCELLENT write up! Should b a "Sticky"...

Comment

Working...
    X