Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

61 hawk radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: 61 hawk radiator

I am a new member and I just bought a 1961 Studebaker hawk and it has a 4 speed manual transmission and a chevy 307 motor and the radiator that's in it is too high for the hood to close all the way, im looking for someone that has a original radiator that could give me the actual sizes, height, width, thickness, and inlet and outlet locations and size, would be much appreciated, as you can see from the pictures it has a bent hood that I got a replacement for

Welcome and this might be a good alternative to an original Hawk radiator. There are a number of people who have installed and it is a good fit. If the original radiator saddle is still in the car, the original radiator used three bolts on each side - the mounting flange on the new radiator would need to have some new holes punched in it to fit. Good luck.

http://www.kksmotorsports.com/show.asp?id=698

Comment

I have a '62 and put a Jeep CJ /Chevy V8 conversion radiator in it. It works fine and is a bit shorter than the stock radiator which made fitting it easier. I did drill new mounting holes in its flange to match those of the Stude, and trimmed the flange a bit for clearance. $125 delivered to my door from ebay.
      Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_1066.JPGViews:	0Size:	135.9 KBID:	1810458Click image for larger versionName:	IMG_0859.JPGViews:	0Size:	126.6 KBID:	1810459
      sigpic

Comment

You'll be quite pleased with the cooling capacity. I haven't heard any complaints from those who installed this type radiator. I opted for the Model with the Stock looking top tank, from KKS Motorsports...same radiator core/mounting/size, etc...
        Last edited by 345 DeSoto; 11-14-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Put that same radiator in Ceci's 62 . Pretty easy install and the hot car is now a cool car. Less than $200 whereas a recore of an original is up to $600 to $800!

Comment

Working...
          X