Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1966 2GV choke coil needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 1966 2GV choke coil needed

I'm going to have to replace the divorced choke coil assembly (the one that screws into the intake manifold) on my 1966 Cruiser V8. Does anyone know the part number for that? It might be even more helpful to know the OEM number from Rochester or what other coils are identical and used in Chevrolet. There might not be identical ones, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are. Maybe someone even knows a source I could get this from. Thanks! I wish just the coil could be replaced so I don't have to get the housing unstuck from the manifold, but I think the unit isn't designed to have the coil removed from its base.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

I looked for this part on Rock Auto, for Chevy applications. No listing I could find. Perhaps some of the vintage Chevy vendors will have it.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Sombody might make a repro now, but some years ago the only place I could find one was at a wrecker. Good luck with that today, or even finding a wrecker.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh well, we'll see. I have seen new choke coils for later years, but not sure they'll work on my car.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Is the the part you're looking for? Part number 1564712

(Photo from Bob's Studebaker Resource Website)

If so try these guys they show one NOS for $13 US: https://www.kgworks.ca/studeparts/fuelpage.htm

Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Well that looks like the part, but I think the sheet metal is shaped differently. I'll have to check. But Thank You for the link to KG. I actually looked at their site before, but didn't notice the item! I hope it's correct.

Comment

Working...
            X