Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Seat metal id tag meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat metal id tag meaning

Can anyone explain or tell what the difference is...re tag identification. I have a seat cushion for a 55 Commander 2 door delux sedan. I need the rest of the front seat. I found a complete front seat in a 55 champion 2 door sedan in Nebraska. The question is will my seat cushion fit that frame. The metal seat tag attached to the wire frame reads A 311154. The cushion from the champion reads G 311154. The question is will my cushion fit that frame and thus save me the shipping costs. Both tags read "Select O Matic Seat" followed by the number. Do the A and G specify different upholstery?
    thanks
    Merwin Harstad

Most upholstery and interior trim is not listed in the Parts Catalog, a note says call the Plant 8 Warehouse with the Car Model and Serial Number.

But if both came from 2 door Sedans there "Should" be no problem. The Alpha Codes likely do mean upholstery Style and Color, but there may be no way to be sure about that.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Agree with Rich. Those are the part numbers of different parts of the same assembly, so they will fit.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
      X