Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Thanks for the search tip. Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWl7ttE5r_4

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Go to You Tube and look up " 1951 Studebaker revamp" . I could not get the direct link to copy.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    Originally posted by rowan View Post
    His story is still on YouTube
    How about a link, please? I searched and could not find it.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Jos, please PM me and I'll give you my Aussie friend's email address. he says he'll be happy to talk to you about the manifold.

Leave a comment:

• rowan
    replied
    His story is still on YouTube

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    The Aussie that posted the videos is a friend of mine. I just emailed him and asked him to re-post them in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    There are several ways to do this, for super pretty you have exhaust headers made with a 3-3 split. Discontinuing the heat riser will also discontinue the automatic choke, but that can be overcome with a manual choke. Without the heat riser there will be a longer warm up time with limited response from the throttle when cold, this can be over come with a block heater. I did a backyard job by drilling a hole in the manifold and adding a pipe it was not a clean 3-3 split but it had a very different sound (I was 17 at the time) It is a lot of work and time for very little gain but it was fun to do at 17.

Leave a comment:

• RadioRoy
    replied
    A few years ago, there were some videos of an Australian fellow who did it, showing how he did it.

Leave a comment:

• rowan
    replied
    Search for Bill Cathcart and champion hop up in technical on the forum and you can find how they do it.

Leave a comment:

• Split exhaustmanifold on my studebaker champion 1948

I like to split the exhaust manifold on my straight six 170 from 1948. Can I cut out the heat valve whitout any problem. Are ther drawings so I see where to cut. Regards Jos
Working...
X