No announcement yet.

Help needed in finding an adapter for an aftermarket three bolt steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering: Help needed in finding an adapter for an aftermarket three bolt steering wheel

I'm looking for an adapter for a Grant steering wheel for my '59 Lark. I'm sure there was a vendor at South Bend this spring that had them, but I don't recall his name. I am also wondering if a Chevrolet adapter would fit. If any one can help please let me know. Thanks! Superbaker

Howdy! It's hard to find that particular bit these days; Grant hasn't made them for a while. AFAIK, the Chevy part does not interchange.

Hopefully someone might have a lead on one. Welcome to the Forum!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Grant still make the adapters for the Stude. I bought one for a '65 Daytona a few months ago. Its not on yet but it looks correct. Go to their web site. I bought it through Summit Racing.

JK

Comment

Well that’s good news! Last time I checked they were OOP.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Does ANYone make an adapter for the 56 Hawks?

Comment

Thanks to all of you for getting back to me on this. I think I will go to Grants web site and see if they have a listing for a Studie. 345 DeSoto I will let you know if I find a source. The 56 and 59 are probably the same. Super Baker

Comment

Update: I went to the grant web site and found a catalog that contains all the information needed. They do have a part Number listed for Lark and Hawk type cars! They only offer the three bolt style which is pretty standard for Grant wheels, but do offer an adapter for a Grant wheel to a LeCarra adapter. The part Number for the regular adapter for Grant wheels on Lark and Hawk cars is 4291. It being Sunday night I didn't try to call them and ask about availability of this part # but I'm hopping they can hook me up. I'll post any information I can get when I talk to them. BTW the price quoted in their catalog for the three bolt adapter is $38 and some change plus shipping (I suppose) SuperBaker

Comment

You are in business for your 59 shaft. However, my 56 shaft is a different size...

Comment

Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
                  You are in business for your 59 shaft. However, my 56 shaft is a different size...
                  I was thinking it might be when I posted on your request in another post. It's the larger hollow shaft, right? I guess my info may have been better here, sorry.

Comment

I'll just keep looking. Been searching for a long time...

Comment

Working...
                    X