Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

54C, excellent w/decals detailed stock engine bay pictures ? Turning Wheels? A Stude trophy winner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: 54C, excellent w/decals detailed stock engine bay pictures ? Turning Wheels? A Stude trophy winner?

I am trying to find good detailed pictures of a stock 54C engine bay. I bought the "Studebaker's Finest". It really is not what I expected. Overpriced and little guidance as a restoration guide. I have all 3 parts and service manuals, limited pictures there but so far my best resource. I have my "Collectible Magazine" from Feb. 2000. The engine picture is so small you need a magnifying glass to see it and it's not the best shot. I have the 54 sales brochure. Outside of the floating engine that's it of the motor. I was hoping to see a really detailed picture so I get my new LarksWorks wiring laid in correct with the proper brackets and clips. I'd like to see enough detail to distinguish bolt and nut colors. I would like to know how the rear backup light switch for automatic trans on the column is detailed out. My car had the voltage regulator located on the left side, I think that is incorrect want to verify. Does anyone have a source of original factory correct photos in color of the engine bay. I have put 6 years into this car and I want it factory correct. My email is: poweroptions@mycvc.net if anyone can help me out. Man oh man I'd appreciate that !! I have tried Ebay too but everything I see has been monkeyed with or had engine swaps. My engine had black cover the rust paint sprayed on everything when I began this project.. Thank you as always for the help provided by this excellent site.
    Last edited by poweroptions; 10-26-2019, 07:40 PM.
    1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

These are from Wayne Carini’s “all original “ 54 Starliner. Hope they help.
    Attached Files

Comment

Power -

You didn't say stock or otherwise..!

This is my 54. Need to finish whole care wiring.
      Freshened 259, (new Total Seal rings), heavily ported heads, modified Chrysler intake manifold, Holley carburetor, R3 exhaust manifolds, one-off crank triggered ignition system (by me), Offenhauser rocker covers, with tall breathers. Connected to a T-200-4R transmission and a narrowed Dana 44 axle.

Mike

P.s. - Sorry, in rereading the title, I see you asked for "stock" engine compartments. Just bypass this picture as you are reading.
      Last edited by Mike Van Veghten; 10-25-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
        I do not know what the pictures are that you posted, but they are not Wayne Carini's '54.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I need better than this, but thank you .
          1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

Originally posted by poweroptions View Post
            I am trying to find good detailed pictures of a 54K engine bay. I bought the "Studebaker's Finest". It really is not what I expected. Overpriced and little guidance as a restoration guide. I have all 3 parts and service manuals, limited pictures there but so far my best resource. I have my "Collectible Magazine" from Feb. 2000. The engine picture is so small you need a magnifying glass to see it and it's not the best shot. I have the 54 sales brochure. Outside of the floating engine that's it of the motor. I was hoping to see a really detailed picture so I get my new LarksWorks wiring laid in correct with the proper brackets and clips. I'd like to see enough detail to distinguish bolt and nut colors. I would like to know how the rear backup light switch for automatic trans on the column is detailed out. My car had the voltage regulator located on the left side, I think that is incorrect want to verify. Does anyone have a source of original factory correct photos in color of the engine bay. I have put 6 years into this car and I want it factory correct. My email is: poweroptions@mycvc.net if anyone can help me out. Man oh man I'd appreciate that !! I have tried Ebay too but everything I see has been monkeyed with or had engine swaps. My engine had black cover the rust paint sprayed on everything when I began this project.. Thank you as always for the help provided by this excellent site.
            Not that it matters. But it looks like you have a 'C', not a 'K'.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Are there not some good pictures somewhere of a 53/54 factory stock engine bay ?

Comment

My personal Photo collection consists mostly of eBay Cars, most of which have at least a few little "Owner Tweaks" like wrong wire routing, wrong Batt. Cables and Hold=down.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2 Tone Green Starliner6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	1808430 Here is one that needs the Air Cleaner Decal moved on the Front side of the Round part, not the Top.

The Engine Pic you posted has the Oil Filter Bracket installed that would never be there unless there was a Fram F4 Filter on it. Most had the dealer installed Orange and Black Filter not the Factory installed Black one.
                Actually, there are not many Decals before 1955, most are on the Fram Filter.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  My personal Photo collection consists mostly of eBay Cars, most of which have at least a few little "Owner Tweaks" like wrong wire routing, wrong Batt. Cables and Hold=down.

Click image for larger version Name:	2 Tone Green Starliner6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	1808430 Here is one that needs the Air Cleaner Decal moved on the Front side of the Round part, not the Top.

The Engine Pic you posted has the Oil Filter Bracket installed that would never be there unless there was a Fram F4 Filter on it. Most had the dealer installed Orange and Black Filter not the Factory installed Black one.
                  Actually, there are not many Decals before 1955, most are on the Fram Filter.

Looking good StudeRich. Studying wire routing. Question, I have my rear backup light switch for automatics laying on my bench. How is it painted out, black or is it all natural metal? Working on details of carb linkages and springs. Little to go on. I painted my oil cannister black because it was on the build sheet leaving the factory with it. On the voltage regulator is there anything that goes on the back of it. Seems like it is unfinished with a corner of the VR back exposed to the weather when I hold it in place. Is that the right way? What size and type of bolts held the volt reg. I have a round red decal that goes on a terminal on the generator. Which one? I have 2 auto transmission fluid type sticker that goes ? Somewhere on fill tube and other goes on firewall? TY a bunch.

Comment

Also I would like to see how the fuel line lays in under the hood in conjunction to my power steering pump. Also the clip holding the wiring from the V reg. to generator. Is it natural metal, black or car color? I apologize for so many questions. It is detail I can not find in all of my books and manuals. Pat

Comment

If my 54K can help you.
                      I don't have back up light and power steering
                      GT Hawk 62 V8
                      Lark 62 hardtop skytop 6 cyl
                      Silver Hawk 57 Hardtop 6 cyl
                      Transtar 57 V8
                      Starliner 54 V8

Comment

Originally posted by leaurent View Post
                        If my 54K can help you.
                        I don't have back up light and power steering
                        Much of this, from the wiring to the cowl tag, is not correct/authentic.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Studegary, here’s one with the Chasing Classic Cars logo in the bottom right of the screen. Enlarge both photos and you’ll see the rust showing in the intake clamps is the same.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Studegary, here’s one with the Chasing Classic Cars logo in the bottom right of the screen. Enlarge both photos and you’ll see the rust showing in the intake clamps is the same.
                            I see the logo, but the "original" car referred to is not that color.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Here it is, I don't think Wayne would be displaying his Car with a Modified Battery Box, NO Battery and NO Spark Plug Wires!

Click image for larger version  Name:	assets.newatlas.com.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.7 KB ID:	1866773 Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=1808052.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	1866774
                              The Lighting (Sun?) and the extreme closeup could affect the Color some, but I don't know about those other Odd Details, Tim's Pic was taken during a Cleanup process?
                              Last edited by StudeRich; 11-23-2020, 01:04 PM.
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X