Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

'61 Hawk Rocker Panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: '61 Hawk Rocker Panels

Ok, have received my new Rocker panels from Classic, they look the goods & seem to be correct size etc.,
    I'm going to buzz the old ones off, & prep underneath, I'm thinking the best time to install the new ones is with the doors, rear fenders & front fenders (temp) in place,
    the old ones are welded on the top seem, can they be riveted inside the C channel , regards, Cus
    sigpic

Hi Cus, I riveted the Rockers in the rubber C channel and also to the small lip underneath the car on both my 62 GT and Lark, I've had no problems. Cheers Harryhawk

Comment

Yes, it is certainly best to have the rear fender, door and front fender installed and lined up when you install the new rocker. This allows you to get all the gaps and surfaces even. I welded the new ones on my Hawk. I would guess they add a little more structural support to the body when welded on.
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic‚Äč

Comment

I have riveted them also. No problems -yet. Better than burning up the car!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I can't weld, so that all sounds good to me
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harryhawk View Post
            Hi Cus, I riveted the Rockers in the rubber C channel and also to the small lip underneath the car on both my 62 GT and Lark, I've had no problems. Cheers Harryhawk
            Hi Harry, can you post pictures of your work or if anyone can? I have to do rockers on my 62 Hawk and haven't a clue as to what it looks like.

Comment

That's good. But the C bodies don't have anything under there to fasten the rocker panel to. Just the top and each end.
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Topper & Jerry, sorry for the delay in replying but I have been away. Here are some photos of what I did to reinstall the rockers to the 62 GT. As you can see there is a lip I used under the car to secure the rockers to the body, whether this is standard Studebaker I do not know, maybe the rockers were fabricated here, but the lip I secured the rockers to is definitely part of the body, the other securing points were behind the weather strip in the rocker channel. Cheers Harryhawk
                Last edited by Harryhawk; 10-13-2019, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Topper & Jerry, sorry for the delay in replying but I have been away. Here are some photos of what I did to reinstall the rockers to the 62 GT. As you can see there is a lip I used under the car to secure the rockers to the body, whether this is standard Studebaker I do not know, maybe the rockers were fabricated here, but the lip I secured the rockers to is definitely part of the body, the other securing points were behind the weather strip in the rocker channel. Cheers Harryhawk
                  Thanks Harry, Something I have to look forward to and the pictures help.

Comment

Working...
                  X